Meet The Team
of the denver police museum
Michael Hesse, President
Michael Hesse is the son of the late Edwin A. Hesse Jr., a Denver Police Detective from 1957 to 1983. Michael Hesse is a Denver native who graduated from the University of Denver with a BSBA in 1987. Most of Mike's professional career has revolved around politics. Currently Hesse provides political consulting through his company Field Strategy. After an early involvement in President George HW Bush's Colorado campaign in 1988 Hesse was appointed as a confidential assistant to United States Health and Human Services Secretary. Louis W Sullivan. In addition to coordinating the Secretary's travel, Mike coordinated the President's initiative for childhood immunization in several American cities including Detroit, Phoenix, and Dallas.
- - In 1993 was appointed by Colorado Republican Chairman Don Bain as the Executive Director of the Colorado GOP.
- - In 1996 was appointed by Senator Bob Dole to serve as the Regional Director of his Presidential Campaign coordinated 13 western states.
- - In 1997 became a regional political director for the American Medical Association in Washington DC.
- - In 1998 became Chief of Staff to United States Colorado Congressman Scott McInnis.
- - In 2004 became the Associate Vice President of the University of Colorado.
- - In 2005 returned to Washington as the Chief of Staff to United States Nevada Congressman Jon Porter.
- - In late 2007 returned to Colorado where has started his own company concentrating on Government Affairs work.
- - In 2010 became Chief of Staff to United States Colorado Congressman Scott Tipton.
Mike’s passion about the DPLEM has been evident since day one when he agreed to join the founding Executive Board in 2006 as Vice-President.